Saturday, March 29, 2014

Thing #23: Creative Commons

 
When I first started this blog project I had noticed these two disclaimers on the APSU 23 Things Main Page.  After reading about Creative Commons License I understand the disclaimers better.
 
Note: This project is loosely based upon the website 43Things (which allows you to set and track personal goals) and the Stephen Abram article titled 43 Things I (or You) might want to do this year (Information Outlook - Feb 2006).
 
 
Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers is based on Learning 2.0 - 23 Things, a staff development program for the Mesquite Independent School District. That program was based on the Learning 2.0 program that was designed by Helene Blowers and adapted by the California School Library Association and others. Content and style for Learning 2.0 - 23 Things for Teachers has been borrowed and duplicated with permission, under a Creative Commons License.
 
Creative Commons License is something I will explain to my students.  I want them to know what they are allowed to use and not allowed to use when completing work.  It is also something I would use if I were to create something that would be useful to other teachers.  I would like to share it with as many of them as possible and let them know they CAN use it legally.   

No comments:

Post a Comment