Saturday, March 29, 2014

Thing #18: Explore Social Networking

My Twitter


I have a twitter account and facebook account that I use for social purposes.  I never thought of the classroom application.  It is important for educators to understand social networking because it is such a big part of students lives.  It is a great way to connect with the students.  It is important to know what they are talking about when they reference social networking.  This is also a great way for educators to connect about specific topics.  

I never thought of all the different hashtag combinations that could be searched.  After searching the educational hashtags I found an abundance of information.  The disadvantage of hastags is that anyone can post to them and there is a lot of spam out there.  Spam posts can be frustrating.

No comments:

Post a Comment