Saturday, March 29, 2014

Thing #19: Beyond Facebook: Other Social Networks


Social networking is a great way for educators to connect with their students.   It is best used as a tool to keep students up to date on tasks that are due and what is going on in the classroom.  They are NOT meant to be used to socialize with students.  I think it is important that teachers set up privacy settings for their personal social networking and have a different account for educational purposes.  I am a member of facebook, twitter, pintrest, imdb, yelp, instragram and more I am sure I am forgetting.  

When reviewing the suggested social networks I really liked Tasty Kitchen.  Then again I like most anything that has to do with trying new recipes and food.  I will most likely use Teacher Librarian Ning as a resource in the future.  It seems like a great resource

No comments:

Post a Comment