Thursday, February 13, 2014

Thing # 10: Set up a RSS Reader and Add Feeds

I think the RSS and newsreader are a great way to get the information you want.  As the YouTube video RSS Explained commented, it is creating your own internet.  It is nice to have all the websites you would normally be bouncing around to check on in one place.  Time is money in this modern world.   I enjoyed that Feedly let me make categories.  I made one for educational websites and new websites.  This way depending what I am in the mood to read about I am not overrun with the other topics.  

I think a great way to use this tool in the classroom is the example John G. Hendron describe in his article RSS for Educators.  There is a school district that requires all of its teachers to maintain a blog.  This keeps constant communication between parents and teachers.  A great way for parents to maintain this information would be a RSS or newsreader.  This way the parents are not getting overwhelmed by trying to keep up with all the blogs.  The RSS is also a great way for administration to ensure the teachers are keeping their blogs up to date.

I will most likely check my Feedly account regularly.  It is a great way to keep up the ever changing world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment