Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thing # 3 : Register Your Blog

Blogs can be used as great tools for brainstorming.  Keeping up with a blog while completing my degree can be a great way to reach out to others in my program.  It will be a great way to share best practices that I have found along the way, resources that are helpful, and reach out to other in a time of need.  In the professional teaching world it can do the same thing.  Instead of reading a "how to" you can read experiences from real life teachers that have gone through or are going through the same things as you are. 

Using a blog in the classroom maybe a different story.  I have never seen a blog used in the classroom, until now.  I feel as though it will be a good tool to have everyone collaborate on an idea.  For example everyone reads chapter 1 in the text book.  The teacher posts added materials such as video clips and some food for thought questions.  Then students can comment accordingly.  As the year continues maybe even having each student take the "teacher role" and find added material and pose questions for their peers.  

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You mentioned keeping up with a blog throughout the program - I'm not sure why, but I never even thought about keeping this blog up and running after this class was over, until I read that line. Do you foresee that you will be keeping this, or another blog of sorts, open and relatively current? This is my last semester before student teaching, so I am still unsure of keeping the blog, but you made a good point (food for thought) about how if we all had blogs, we could brainstorm, post resources, and reach out/keep up with one another. That is an amazing idea for this program!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Rachel,

    This is my fist semester so I plan to try and keep up on a blog about going through this program. I really believe it is a great tool for people in similar situations. I may have to create another one but I think this blog will teach me a lot about the ins and outs of blogging

    ReplyDelete